9. Installing and Managing Software on Your MacBook
In this chapter, you learn how to install applications on your MacBook and keep Mountain Lion up-to-date, including:
• Browsing the Mac App Store
• Downloading and maintaining App Store applications
• Downloading and installing non–App Store software
• Working with OS X software distribution formats
• Configure system software updates and auto downloads
Up to this point in the book, you’ve been looking at software that came as part of Mountain Lion. That’s a bit limiting, don’t you think? There is a wide world of software waiting to enhance your computing experience—including upgrades to Mountain ...