Do you know what your children are up to on MySpace? MySpace Unraveled: What it is and how to use it safely discusses the booming MySpace social-networking phenomenon and shows you exactly what you need know about MySpace and how to create a safe online experience for your kids. Written by Larry Magid and Anne Collier of Family Tech Talk, this short and extremely useful guide discusses what children are doing on social-networking Web sites and why they have become so popular. While other books on this subject discuss how to use social networking sites, this is the first guide to address the topics important to parents. With this book parents will learn:
The basics of online social networking.
How children are using MySpace.
Positive and negative aspects of social networking Web sites.
Internet safety for kids.
How to communicate with children about what they are doing online.
What parental controls are available and how to use them.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1. Online Socializing Basics
- Chapter 2. The Scene
- Chapter 3. MySpace for Parents
- Chapter 4. Managing the Social Stuff
- Chapter 5. Social Networking Safely
- Chapter 6. A Parents’ Toolkit
- Chapter 7. MySpacers’ Advanced Tricks and Tips
- Chapter 8. Where Do We Go From Here?
- Title: MySpace Unraveled: A Parent’s Guide to Teen Social Networking from the Directors of BlogSafety.com
- Release date: August 2006
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780321480187
You might also like
Construction Project Management, 6th Edition
A thoroughly updated edition of the classic guide to project management of construction projects For more …
The Art of Communication
Bring nuance, depth, and meaning to every conversation you have The Art of Communication is for …
The Purpose Revolution
The Purpose Revolution How Good Leaders Create Engagement and Competitive Advantage in an Age of Social …
Tribe of Hackers Red Team
Want Red Team offensive advice from the biggest cybersecurity names in the industry? Join our tribe. …