The authoritative, hands-on guide to advanced MySQL programming and administration techniques for high performance is here. MySQL Database Design and Tuning is the only guide with coverage of both the basics and advanced topics, including reliability, performance, optimization and tuning for MySQL. This clear, concise and unique source for the most reliable MySQL performance information will show you how to:
Deploy the right MySQL product for your performance needs.
Set up a performance management and monitoring environment using tools from MySQL.
Implement the right indexing strategy
Apply good performance strategy when developing software to work with the MySQL database.
Configure dozens of variable to correctly tune the MySQL engine.
If you deal with the intricacies and challenges of advanced MySQL functionality on a daily basis, you will be able to build on your knowledge with author Robert Schneider's real-world experiences in MySQL Database Design and Tuning.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Introduction: The Purpose of This Book
- Part I. Introduction
- 1. Setting Up an Optimization Environment
- 2. Performance Monitoring Options
- 3. MySQL Overview and New Performance-Related Features
- Part II. Advanced Database Design Concepts
- 4. Designing for Speed
- 5. Using Constraints to Improve Performance
- 6. Understanding the MySQL Optimizer
- 7. Indexing Strategies
- Part III. Optimizing Application Code
- 8. Advanced SQL Tips
- 9. Developing High-Speed Applications
- Part IV. Optimizing and Tuning the MySQL Engine
- 10. General Server Performance Parameters and Tuning
- 11. MyISAM Performance Enhancement
- 12. InnoDB Performance Enhancement
- 13. Improving Disk Speed
- 14. Operating System, Web Server, and Connectivity Tuning
- 15. Improving Import and Export Operations
- Part V. Distributed Computing
- 16. Optimal Replication
- 17. Optimal Clustering
- Part VI. Case Studies
- 18. Case Study: High-Hat Delivers!
- 19. Case Study: Friends Fly Free-for-All—A Promotion Gone Wrong
- 20. Case Study 3: Practice Makes Perfect
- Title: MySQL
- Release date: June 2005
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Effective MySQL Replication Techniques in Depth
The Essential Guide to Scaling Your Business Solution Written by Oracle ACE Director and MySQL expert …
MySQL® Administrator’s Guide and Language Reference
Written by the creators of MySQL and edited by one of the most highly respected MySQL …
MySQL® Administrator's Guide
If you are not already one of the 4 million plus users of the MySQL database, …
Effective MySQL Optimizing SQL Statements
The Essential Guide to SQL Statement Optimization Written by Oracle ACE Director and MySQL expert Ronald …