G. C API Reference
This appendix describes the C language application programming interface for the MySQL client library. The API consists of a set of functions for communicating with MySQL servers and accessing databases, and a set of data types used by those functions. The client library functions may be classified into the following categories:
- Routines for initializing and terminating the client library
- Connection management routines to establish and terminate connections to the server
- Error-reporting routines to get error codes and messages
- Construction and execution routines to construct SQL statements and send them to the server
- Result set processing routines to handle results from statements that return data
- Information routines that ...