Book descriptionThe future for Nagios in the enterprise is certainly bright! Nagios 3 Enterprise Network Monitoring can help you harness the full power of Nagios in your organization. Nagios 3 contains many significant new features and updates, and this book details them all for you. Once up and running, you'll see how a number of useful add-ons and enhancements for Nagios can extend the functionality of Nagios throughout your organization. And, if you want to learn how to write your own plugins...this is the book for you! In these pages you'll find a cookbook-style chapter full of useful plugins that monitor a variety of devices, from HTTP-based applications to CPU utilization to LDAP servers and more.
- Complete Case Study Demonstrates how to Deploy Nagios Globally in an Enterprise Network
- Monitor Third Party Hardware Devices with Nagios
Table of contents
- Cover Image
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Nagios 3
- Chapter 2. Designing Configurations for Large Organizations
- Chapter 3. Scaling Nagios
- Chapter 4. Plug-ins, Plug-ins, and More Plug-ins
- Chapter 5. Add-ons and Enhancements
- Chapter 6. Enterprise Integration
- Chapter 7. Intrusion Detection and Security Analysis
Chapter 8. Case Study
- Case Study Overview
- ACME Enterprises Network: What’s under the Hood?
- ACME Enterprises Management and Staff: Who’s Running the Show?
- ACME Enterprises and Nagios: Rubber Meets the Road!
- Nagios Pre-Deployment Activities: What Are We Monitoring?
- Nagios Deployment Activities: Can You See Me?
- Enterprise and Remote Site Monitoring
- Host and Service Escalations, and Notifications
- Nagios Configuration Strategies
- Developer, Corporate, and IT Support Network Monitoring
- Select Advice for Integrating Nagios as the Enterprise Network Monitoring Solution
- Nagios Integration and Deployment
- Title: Nagios 3 Enterprise Network Monitoring
- Release date: July 2008
- Publisher(s): Syngress
- ISBN: 9780080560182