3.7. General aspects in design of piping systems in oil, gas, and petrochemical plants
This section covers minimum requirement(s) for general aspects to be considered when designing piping for oil, gas, and petrochemical plants in accordance with American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) B 31.3, which includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Loading and unloading terminals
2. Crude oil and gas gathering central facilities
4. Package equipment, in accordance with ASME B 31.3
5. Pump house and compressor stations (booster stations)
6. Tank farms and oil/gas depots.
3.7.1. Design procedure
The design of piping is characterized by two successive phases:
The following documents are minimum requirements for piping ...