Work with Python and powerful open source tools such as Gensim and spaCy to perform modern text analysis, natural language processing, and computational linguistics algorithms.About This Book
- Discover the open source Python text analysis ecosystem, using spaCy, Gensim, scikit-learn, and Keras
- Hands-on text analysis with Python, featuring natural language processing and computational linguistics algorithms
- Learn deep learning techniques for text analysis
This book is for you if you want to dive in, hands-first, into the interesting world of text analysis and NLP, and you're ready to work with the rich Python ecosystem of tools and datasets waiting for you!What You Will Learn
- Why text analysis is important in our modern age
- Understand NLP terminology and get to know the Python tools and datasets
- Learn how to pre-process and clean textual data
- Convert textual data into vector space representations
- Using spaCy to process text
- Train your own NLP models for computational linguistics
- Use statistical learning and Topic Modeling algorithms for text, using Gensim and scikit-learn
- Employ deep learning techniques for text analysis using Keras
Modern text analysis is now very accessible using Python and open source tools, so discover how you can now perform modern text analysis in this era of textual data.
This book shows you how to use natural language processing, and computational linguistics algorithms, to make inferences and gain insights about data you have. These algorithms are based on statistical machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques. The tools to work with these algorithms are available to you right now - with Python, and tools like Gensim and spaCy.
You'll start by learning about data cleaning, and then how to perform computational linguistics from first concepts. You're then ready to explore the more sophisticated areas of statistical NLP and deep learning using Python, with realistic language and text samples. You'll learn to tag, parse, and model text using the best tools. You'll gain hands-on knowledge of the best frameworks to use, and you'll know when to choose a tool like Gensim for topic models, and when to work with Keras for deep learning.
This book balances theory and practical hands-on examples, so you can learn about and conduct your own natural language processing projects and computational linguistics. You'll discover the rich ecosystem of Python tools you have available to conduct NLP - and enter the interesting world of modern text analysis.Style and approach
The book teaches NLP from the angle of a practitioner as well as that of a student. This is a tad unusual, but given the enormous speed at which new algorithms and approaches travel from scientific beginnings to industrial implementation, first principles can be clarified with the help of entirely practical examples.
Downloading the example code for this book You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright and Credits
- Packt Upsell
- What is Text Analysis?
- Python Tips for Text Analysis
spaCy's Language Models
- Tokenizing text
- Gensim – Vectorizing Text and Transformations and n-grams
- POS-Tagging and Its Applications
- NER-Tagging and Its Applications
- Dependency Parsing
- Topic Models
- Advanced Topic Modeling
- Clustering and Classifying Text
- Similarity Queries and Summarization
- Word2Vec, Doc2Vec, and Gensim
- Deep Learning for Text
- Keras and spaCy for Deep Learning
- Sentiment Analysis and ChatBots
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788838535