There are many ways to approach studying for the NCLEX exam. The following tips have been found useful in helping the candidate study more quickly and retain more information.
Although individuals vary in the ways they learn, some basic principles apply to everyone. Adopt a study strategy that takes advantage of these principles:
• Learn the detailed information first.
• After you master the small details, look at the big picture.
• Devote at least one to two hours per day to studying the information.
• Don’t try to pull out all your notes from nursing school. Focus on this book and the suggested resources.
• Learn from your mistakes. If you miss a question, look at the answer explanation carefully ...