With its vast array of open source resources, scripting, and coding options, network automation can be daunting for IT pros in organizations of all sizes. This report examines business and technology trends in network automation today and delves into practical considerations for teams in small organizations looking to implement or improve automation practices.
One path to network automation — cloud computing — enables you to provide not just single services but entire infrastructure and software-defined networks on demand in real time. Steve Petryschuk, director and technology advocate at Auvik Networks, discusses trends and best practices in network automation and shows you how to plan a path toward network automation for your organization. IT managers and senior executives will understand how and why network automation can help your organization become much more efficient.
- Learn why network automation is valuable for large and small organizations alike
- Identify the stakeholders in your organization, such as NetOps, security teams, and even end users
- Assess your organization's readiness for network automation by determining the maturity level of existing processes
- Choose a network automation platform that can scale with your organization
- Explore open source versus paid network automation tools and determine a solution stack fit for your organization
Table of contents
- 1. What Is Network Automation?
- 2. Laying the Groundwork for Network Automation
- 3. Assessing Organizational Readiness for Network Automation
- 4. Planning Your Adoption of Network Automation
- Title: Network Automation Roadmap
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781098110925
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …