“...Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent....”
—Marlene vos Savant
By the end of this chapter, you should know and be able to explain the following:
• What role does a security policy play in my network?
• How do I create a security policy?
• How do I deal with any security policy violations?
• What security policies are appropriate for my organization?
• What are the Security Standards and do they apply to my organization?
Being able to answer these key questions will enable you to understand the overall characteristics and importance of a network security policy.
Having clear, definable, enforceable, and up-to-date security policies is the most essential first step in ...