Audio and Video Streaming
In this chapter, you will learn about
• Conducting a needs analysis for streaming AV systems
• Conducting a network analysis for streaming AV systems
• Designing an AV streaming system that takes into account bandwidth, latency, and other requirements
• Compression and encoding
• Identifying the appropriate transport and distribution protocols for streaming
• Multicast and unicast distribution
• Devices and technologies required to stream AV to users
Streaming media comprises IPTV, live video and audio streaming, and video on demand. It is also the foundation for other networked AV systems, such as networked digital signage and conferencing.
In order to design a successful streaming application, you must ...
Get Networked Audiovisual Systems now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.