In this chapter, you will learn about
• The components and purpose of a digital signage system
• How to control a digital sign
• Types of digital signage content and how to deliver them
• How to set up and manage a digital sign and its content
• Basic network connectivity for digital signage systems
In professional AV, digital signage is strongly related to streaming media. In fact, when it comes to networked AV systems, digital signage is often a streaming application. But not always.
Coming up with a clear definition for digital signage may seem easy, but it’s not. In pro AV, digital signage refers to an array of solutions, ranging in complexity from an interactive videowall to single monitors displaying PowerPoint ...