In this chapter, you will learn about
• Common network vulnerabilities, threats, and risks
• Tools for helping secure networks
• The importance of user authentication
• Secure transmission protocols and virtual private networks
• Wireless networking security
As an AV professional, you are not necessarily in the network security business. Many IT professionals aren’t either. In lots of organizations, network security has grown into a practice all its own.
But as you probably know, security is pretty important to the people who use and operate enterprise networks. It’s important to your Internet-connected personal computer. Which is why, when you introduce AV systems to a network, someone will want to know about the ...