Much networking advice assumes that you need to be an off the chart extrovert to succeed. Nothing could be further from the truth. In this video workshop, Devora Zack proves that real networking means working with – rather than fighting against – your natural personality.
Zack, an avowed introvert and a successful consultant who speaks to thousands of people every year, shatters stereotypes about people who dislike networking. She then provides an innovative, customized system of networking that leverages your own unique strengths.
This video shows you how to forge meaningful, lasting connections in all kinds of situations, not just formal networking events. With the help of engaging exercises, you’ll learn techniques for cultivating your networking “A” game, while remaining true to yourself.
- Understand why both introverts and extroverts possess natural skills for networking
- Gain a “network survival kit” to survive and thrive at networking events
- Discover how the five components of a well-formed goal can help you achieve your networking objectives
- Learn how to make a positive first impression and how to end a conversation gracefully
- Master methods to host a dynamic networking event
- Prepare networking strategies for business trips and conferences
- Apply versatile tools to launch and organize a job search
- Learn the best approaches to following up with contacts
Devora Zack, CEO of Only Connect Consulting, is a global keynote speaker, consultant, and coach with 100+ clients such as Cornell University, Smithsonian, Australian Institute of Management, U.S. Department of Education, and Mensa. Her books, Singletasking, Networking for People Who Hate Networking, and Managing for People Who Hate Managing, are published in over 25 languages. She has been featured on ABC-TV, Fox Business, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Table of contents
- Introduction: The Networking Conundrum 00:03:26
- The Destruction of Stereotypes 00:06:07
- The Spectrum (and Self Assessment) 00:08:39
- Sparkling New Networking Rules 00:10:21
- Networking Without a Net 00:13:20
- Business Travel & Conferences 00:09:12
- Achieving Goals, Defining Outcomes 00:12:29
- The Job Search 00:11:07
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game 00:10:39
- Running Events & Building Connections 00:10:13
- Follow Up! (and Conclusion) 00:07:25
- Title: Networking for People Who Hate Networking
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491938775
You might also like
The Manager's Path (Audio Book)
Managing people is difficult wherever you work. But in the tech industry, where management is also …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
6 Hours of Video Instruction Overview Learn essential computing networking in 6 hours. Description Network Fundamentals …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …