Video description4+ Hours of Video Instruction
With more than 4 hours of video instruction, demonstrations of Amazon Web Services and third-party cloud solutions provide a clear guide to understanding networking with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud.
Networking in Amazon Web Services (AWS) LiveLessons reviews key concepts related to networking, how those concepts apply to Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, and how networking enables high availability, fault tolerance, performance, and security. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional and AWS Authorized Instructor Richard A. Jones covers concepts and methods necessary to design and build secure networks within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
For applications running on EC2, the architecture begins with the network; in AWS, that is the Virtual Private Cloud or VPC. In order to gain the highest degree of security, resiliency, and performance, you need to design the network accordingly. In this series of videos from Richard A. Jones, you learn how network design can help leverage multiple availability zones and how the application of routing, network access control lists, and security groups contribute to security. You also see how to extend on-premises networks into AWS with VPN and Direct Connect, review how to achieve the best performance, and much more.
Gaining an in-depth understanding of the concepts unique to cloud computing is essential for being a valuable asset to any business leveraging AWS for their computing and storage needs.
- Networking Review
- Amazon VPC Part 1: Basics
- Amazon VPC Part 2: Advanced Concepts
- Network Security
- Connecting VPCs and On-Premises Networks
- Performance and Other Notes
Learn How To
- Leverage multiple availability zones via network design
- Contribute to security via application of routing, network access control lists, and security groups
- Extend on-premises networks into AWS with VPN and Direct Connect and achieve the best performance
Who Should Take This Course
- Working solutions architects, network administrators, and system administrators looking to understand and implement Amazon Virtual Private Cloud within their AWS infrastructure
- Basic understanding of AWS, including definitions of regions and availability zones
Lesson 1, Networking Review, reviews fundamental knowledge needed throughout the use of AWS VPC, IPv4, and IPv6 addresses as well as classless-interdomain routing, and C.I.D.R notation as a way of specifying ranges of IP addresses.
Lesson 2, Amazon VPC Part 1: Basics, discusses Amazon Virtual Private Cloud and how subnets enable the use of multiple availability zones as well as routing, internet access, and how public IP addresses can be allocated and assigned to EC2 instances.
Lesson 3, Amazon VPC Part 2: Advanced Concepts, demonstrates how to keep EC2 instances private and protected from the internet while still allowing egress only, or one-way internet access. Review network address translation, third-party virtual network appliances, and VPC endpoints.
Lesson 4, Network Security, discusses network security and demonstrates the use of network access control lists and security groups. Amazon VPC provides all the tools needed to create a secure network, but responsibility is needed to use those tools appropriately.
Lesson 5, Connecting VPCs and On-Premises Networks, reviews VPC peering, various VPN solutions, and AWS Direct Connect. While isolated networks like Amazon VPC provide powerful means of controlling network traffic and protecting instances, there are plenty of use cases where resources in VPCs need access to resources in other VPCs or on- premises.
Lesson 6, Performance and Other Notes, reviews how to achieve the best network performance with Amazon VPC with the knowledge of other features and options. With a rich collection of enablement and security tools, it is capable of high performance.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world- leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/ video.
Table of contents
Lesson 1: Networking Review
- 1.0 Learning objectives 00:00:25
- 1.1 Review of IPv4 00:03:03
- 1.2 Review of IPv6 00:04:29
- 1.3 Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) Notation 00:05:45
- 1.4 Private Network Ranges 00:03:26
Lesson 2: Amazon VPC Part 1: Basics
- 2.0 Learning objectives 00:00:21
- 2.1 Review of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud 00:06:39
- 2.2 Demo: Creating a VPC 00:09:59
- 2.3 Subnets 00:05:00
- 2.4 Demo: Creating Subnets 00:07:30
- 2.5 Routing 00:04:28
- 2.6 Internet Access 00:05:59
- 2.7 Public IPv4 Address Assignment 00:04:22
- 2.8 IPv6 Address Assignment 00:03:34
- 2.9 Amazon IP Ranges 00:02:50
- 2.10 Demo: Enabling Internet Access 00:07:16
- Lesson 3: Amazon VPC Part 2: Advanced Concepts
- Lesson 4: Network Security
Lesson 5: Connecting VPCs and On-Premises Networks
- 5.0 Learning objectives 00:00:30
- 5.1 VPC Peering 00:06:34
- 5.2 VPC Peering Scenarios 00:02:34
- 5.3 Demo: Peering two VPCs 00:07:12
- 5.4 VPN Overview 00:02:16
- 5.5 AWS Hardware VPN 00:06:29
- 5.6 Demo: Creating an AWS Hardware VPN 00:17:13
- 5.7 AWS VPN CloudHub 00:02:10
- 5.8 Software VPN 00:04:40
- 5.9 AWS Direct Connect 00:06:05
- Lesson 6: Performance and Other Notes
- Title: Networking in Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 013485084X
You might also like
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Microservices designs require you to change how you build and deploy applications. Instead of creating a …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
Data Engineering with Python and AWS Lambda LiveLessons
7 Hours of Video Instruction Data Engineering with Python and AWS Lambda LiveLessons shows users how …