Book descriptionA practical framework for revenue-boosting supply chain management
Next Generation Demand Management is a guidebook to next generation Demand Management, with an implementation framework that improves revenue forecasts and enhances profitability. This proven approach is structured around the four key catalysts of an efficient planning strategy: people, processes, analytics, and technology. The discussion covers the changes in behavior, skills, and integrated processes that are required for proper implementation, as well as the descriptive and predictive analytics tools and skills that make the process sustainable. Corporate culture changes require a shift in leadership focus, and this guide describes the necessary "champion" with the authority to drive adoption and stress accountability while focusing on customer excellence. Real world examples with actual data illustrate important concepts alongside case studies highlighting best-in-class as well as startup approaches.
Reliable forecasts are the primary product of demand planning, a multi-step operational supply chain management process that is increasingly seen as a survival tactic in the changing marketplace. This book provides a practical framework for efficient implementation, and complete guidance toward the supplementary changes required to reap the full benefit.
- Learn the key principles of demand driven planning
- Implement new behaviors, skills, and processes
- Adopt scalable technology and analytics capabilities
- Align inventory with demand, and increase channel profitability
Whether your company is a large multinational or an early startup, your revenue predictions are only as strong as your supply chain management system. Implementing a proven, more structured process can be the catalyst your company needs to overcome that one lingering obstacle between forecast and goal. Next Generation Demand Management gives you the framework for building the foundation of your growth.
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: The Current State
Chapter 2: The Journey
- Starting the Supply Chain Journey
- Introducing Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) into the Supply Chain Journey
- Sales & Operations Planning Connection
- Transitioning to a Demand-Driven Supply Chain
- The Digitalization of the Supply Chain
- Leveraging New Scalable Technology
- Key Learnings
Chapter 3: The Data
- What Is Big Data?
- Why Is Downstream Data Important?
- Demand Management Data Challenges
- CPG Company Case Study
- Does Demand History Really Need to Be Cleansed?
- How Much Data Should Be Used?
- Demand-Signal Repositories
- What Is Demand Signal Analytics?
- Demand Signal Analytics Key Benefits
- Key Learnings
- Further Reading
- Chapter 4: The Process
- Chapter 5: Performance Metrics
- Chapter 6: The Analytics
- Chapter 7: The Demand Planning Brief
- Chapter 8: The Strategic Roadmap
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Next Generation Demand Management
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119186632
You might also like
A comprehensive collection of the field's most provocative, influential new work Business Forecasting compiles some of …
Operations Management: An Integrated Approach, 5th Edition
The 5th edition of Operations Management continues to incorporate more of a business/qualitative focus with less …
Financial Forecasting, Analysis and Modelling: A Framework for Long-Term Forecasting
Risk analysis has become critical to modern financial planning Financial Forecasting, Analysis and Modelling provides a …
Storytelling with Data
Influence action through data! This is not a book. It is a one-of-a-kind immersive learning experience …