Chapter 3. Solutions in this chapter:
- Cryptography and Information Security
- Cryptographic Protocols and Applications
- Cryptographic Systems
- Introducing Cryptographic Algorithms and Ciphers
- Cryptographic Key Management
- Cryptographic Functions
- Digital Signatures
- Attacks on Cryptosystems
- Cryptography and SSH
- Solutions Fast Track
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cryptography?
Cryptography is a sub-discipline of cryptology, whose meaning is derived from the Greek words “kryptos” and “logos,” meaning “hidden word.” Cryptography is the science of securing the content of messages and communications. Cryptanalysis, the other sub-discipline, seeks to compromise or defeat the security achieved by cryptography. The foundation for both cryptography ...