Chapter Three. Make a Plan
Now that you understand your goals and audiences, it’s time to plan out the project. Depending on what you’re doing, a writing project can have many moving parts. If you work on a creative team or with clients, this chapter will help you collaborate with them, talk through your goals, and plan your content. If you work for yourself or as a freelancer, it will help you write practical project briefs and sketch out your writing in chunks, to create a framework for what’s ahead. You’ll learn how to:
• Clarify and summarize your project goals
• Get everyone on the same page before you start writing
• Write a project brief or communication plan
• Pick content types to help your readers
• Approach writing in a modular way ...