Nikon's much-anticipated D5100 camera is here. This new model
replaces the popular D5000 and creates a nice bridge between the
more beginner-level D3100 and the high-end D7000.
This book has one goal: to teach D5100 owners how to make great shots using their new Nikon camera. Users learn how to use the D5100 to create the type of photos that inspired them to buy the camera in the first place. Everything in the book is in service of creating a great image.
Starting with the top ten things users need to know about the camera, photographer Rob Sylvan carefully guides readers through the operating features. Owners get practical advice from a pro on which settings to use when, great shooting tips, and even end-of-chapter assignments.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1: The D5100 Top Ten List
- Chapter 2: First Things First
- Chapter 3: The Auto Modes
- Chapter 4: The Professional Modes
- Chapter 5: Moving Target
- Chapter 6: Say Cheese!
- Chapter 7: Landscape Photography
- Chapter 8: Mood Lighting
- Chapter 9: Creative Compositions
- Chapter 10: Advanced Techniques
- Bonus Chapter 11: Pimp My Ride
- Bonus Chapter 12: D5100 Video: Beyond the Basics
- Title: Nikon D5100: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Release date: July 2011
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780132837262