Book descriptionNo Cape Required sets out a vision for a new approach to leadership and emphasizes the need to develop both the individual and the organizational environment within which people are expected to lead and succeed.
This book illumines the path toward taking charge of leadership development and influencing the organization to be well prepared for the abundant leadership revolution. Readers will learn how costly the dominant hero-leader paradigm is and why it’s vital, in today’s “VUCA World” of volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity, to develop a new and more relevant approach to leadership and leadership development.
This book offers managers insight into the behaviors and skills needed to deliver, along with the engaging styles available to build more successful teams and experience better relationships with colleagues. This book addresses equality through its message of abundant leadership; not emphasizing one group over another, but pointing out the need to unlock the talents and potential of everyone in the organization.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 Leadership: A Solution Looking for a Problem?
- Chapter 2 Leadership Development: A Puzzle or A Problem?
- Chapter 3 No Cape Required
- Chapter 4 Brokering Peace in the War for Talent
- Chapter 5 Mining for Gold
- Chapter 6 Filling the Vase
- Chapter 7 Soft Skills: Tougher than they Look
- Chapter 8 Leadership by Lion Taming
- Chapter 9 Well, Nobody’s Perfect
- Chapter 10 Leaders—A Higher Lifeform?
- Chapter 11 Rose-Tinted View, or Interview?
- Chapter 12 Wanted: Sharp People and Well-Rounded Teams
- Chapter 13 Pulling It All Together
- About the Authors
- Title: No Cape Required
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781949991208
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Practical Time Series Analysis
Time series data analysis is increasingly important due to the massive production of such data through …
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
What skills will matter most for work, business and life in the future? Where should you …