When writing Node.js applications, it’s absolutely imperative that we employ battle-tested guidelines that can help us write efficient and resilient code. These guidelines are known as design patterns. Design patterns are an important part of software development and are a proven way of solving a given problem.
By implementing design patterns, you can write code that is crafted for efficiency and reusability and is resilient against errors and typical pitfalls that result from poorly written code.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the importance of learning and using industry-standard design patterns when writing Node.js apps
- Learn more about core creational design patterns such as Singletons, Factory, and Builder patterns
- Efficiently avoid callback hell and implement asynchronous behavior using Promises, Async/Await, and Generators
- Develop a deeper understanding of the module system in Node.js and to implement patterns such as dependency injection
- Get an insight into structural design patterns such as Proxy, Adapter, Decorator, and others that can help you create systematic, efficient relationships between objects and entities
- Reuse well-known techniques to solve common design and coding issues
- Understand the behavioral design patterns such as Strategy, Observers, Middleware, and even the Publisher-Subscriber pattern to craft efficient communication patterns between objects, processes, and even applications
About The Author
SACHIN BHATNAGAR: Sachin Bhatnagar began dabbling with Computer Programming and graphics at the age of 14 on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum that ran the BASIC programming language.
During the early 2000s, Sachin forayed into Computer Graphics and Visual Effects training and production. From developing world-class curricula to imparting training to over five thousand students in the classroom and over twenty-five thousand online, Sachin has actively contributed to fueling innovation, creating brand identities, and crafting innovative software solutions for corporate companies and individuals alike.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Core Design Patterns
- Chapter 2 : Control Flow Patterns
- Chapter 3 : Module Design Patterns
- Chapter 4 : Structural Design Patterns
- Chapter 5 : Behavioral Design Patterns
- Chapter 6 : Messaging Patterns
- Title: Node.js Design Patterns
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789538397
You might also like
Build a CI/CD Pipeline
Approximately 8 Hours of Video Instruction If your development team is still dealing with manual and …
Software Architecture for Busy Developers
A quick start guide to learning essential software architecture tools, frameworks, design patterns, and best practices …
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …
The Complete Practical Docker Guide
Docker is a software framework for building, running, and managing containers on servers and the cloud. …