Node.js in Action is an example-driven tutorial that starts at square one and guides you through all the features, techniques, and concepts you'll need to build production-quality Node applications. You'll start by learning how to set up your Node development environment, including loading the community-created extensions. Next, you'll run several simple demonstration programs where you'll learn the basics of a few common types of Node applications. Then you'll dive into asynchronous programming, a model Node leverages to lessen application bottlenecks.
About the Technology
About the Book
Node.js in Action shows you how to build production-quality applications. Clear introductions of key concepts and example-by-example coverage take you from setup to deployment. You'll dive into asynchronous programming, data storage, and output templating, and interact with the filesystem to create non-HTTP applications like TCP/IP servers and command-line tools. Perfect for a web developer transitioning from Rails, Django, or PHP.
- Set up Node and extensions
- Grok asynchronous programming and the event loop
- Examples including microblogging, IM, games, and more
About the Reader
About the Authors
As skilled practitioners, expert teachers and trainers, and contributors to the core framework, authors Mike Cantelon, Marc Harter, T.J. Holowaychuk, and Nathan Rajlich represent the best of the Node.js development community.
The content ramps up nicely from basic to advanced.
- From the Foreword by Isaac Z. Schlueter, Node.js Project Lead
The definitive guide to Node and the Node.js ecosystem.
- Kevin Baister, 1KB Software Solutions
Superbly written with practical (and even funny) real-world examples.
- Àlex Madurell, Polymedia SpA
Thoroughly enjoyable ... will get you up and running very quickly.
- Gary Ewan Park, Honeywell
An excellent resource written by the people behind the code.
- Brian Falk, NodeLingo, GoChime
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
- About the Cover Illustration
- Part 1. Node fundamentals
- Part 2. Web application development with Node
- Part 3. Going further with Node
- Appendix A. Installing Node and community add-ons
- Appendix B. Debugging Node
- Appendix C. Extending and configuring Express
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Node.js in Action
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617290572
You might also like
Node.js in Practice
Node.js in Practice is a collection of fully tested examples that offer solutions to the common …
Node.js the Right Way
Node.js in Action, Second Edition
Node.js in Action, Second Edition is a thoroughly revised book based on the best-selling first edition. …
Beginning Node.js is your step-by-step guide to learning all the aspects of creating maintainable Node.js applications. …