About the Technology
About the Book
You've decided to use Node.js for your next project and you need the skills to implement Node in production. It would be great to have Node experts Alex Young and Marc Harter at your side to help you tackle those day-to-day challenges. With this book, you can!
Node.js in Practice is a collection of 115 thoroughly tested examples and instantly useful techniques guaranteed to make any Node application go more smoothly. Following a common-sense Problem/Solution format, these experience-fueled techniques cover important topics like event-based programming, streams, integrating external applications, and deployment. The abundantly annotated code makes the examples easy to follow, and techniques are organized into logical clusters, so it's a snap to find what you're looking for.
- Common usage examples, from basic to advanced
- Designing and writing modules
- Testing and debugging Node apps
- Integrating Node into existing systems
About the Reader
About the Authors
An in-depth tour of Node.js
- From the Foreword by Ben Noordhuis, Cofounder of StrongLoop, Inc.
The missing manual for Node.js, packed with real-world examples!
- Kevin Baister, 1KB Software Solutions Ltd.
- Gregor Zurowski, Sotheby’s
Useful techniques and resources that help with problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Michael Piscatello, MBP Enterprises, LLC
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
- About the Cover Illustration
Part 1. Node fundamentals
- Chapter 1. Getting started
- Chapter 2. Globals: Node’s environment
- Chapter 3. Buffers: Working with bits, bytes, and encodings
- Chapter 4. Events: Mastering EventEmitter and beyond
- Chapter 5. Streams: Node’s most powerful and misunderstood feature
- Chapter 6. File system: Synchronous and asynchronous approaches to files
- Chapter 7. Networking: Node’s true “Hello, World”
- Chapter 8. Child processes: Integrating external applications with Node
- Part 2. Real-world recipes
- Part 3. Writing modules
- Appendix. Community
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Node.js in Practice
- Release date: December 2014
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617290930
You might also like
Node.js in Action, Second Edition
Node.js in Action, Second Edition is a thoroughly revised book based on the best-selling first edition. …
Advanced Node.js Development
Takes you through creating your own API, building a full real-time web app, securing your Node …
Get Programming with Node.js
Node.js Web Development
Build scalable web applications using Node.js, Express.js, and the latest ECMAScript techniques, along with deploying applications …