Solar Thermal Energy Collectors
- Definition of solar collectors, applications, and classifications
- Types of solar collectors and comparison
- Configurations of certain practical solar thermal collectors
- Flat plate and concentrating solar collectors
- Material aspects of solar collectors
- Solar water and air heating systems
- Basic principles of solar cookers and its types
- Solar pond and its application
Sun’s heat energy is a diffuse energy. It is always first collected and then concentrated. In residential systems, simple and cheap solar panels are used to collect the solar heat energy below 60°C. Residential panels for heat collection are referred to as flat plate collectors.
In utility scale systems, solar heat energy is ...