- Biogas and its composition
- Anaerobic digestion and process stages of anaerobic digestion
- Construction and working of biogas plants
- Types of biogas plants
- Factors affecting the selection of a particular model of a biogas plant
- Biogas plant feeds and their characteristics
Biogas is a mixture of different gases, such as methane, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, etc., produced by the biological breakdown of organic matter in the absence of oxygen. It is a renewable energy source, and in many cases, it exerts a very small carbon footprint. Biogas can be produced by either anaerobic digestion with anaerobic bacteria, which digest material inside a closed system, or fermentation of biodegradable materials. It is primarily ...