CEOs and business owners face an ever increasingly complex world in which they do business. They are making decisions from accessing viable markets to sell their products and services to attracting and retaining staff all whilst making sure the bills can be paid on time. There are thousands of decisions and actions being taken every day by the people in the businesses they lead. Are they the right ones? The ultimate scorecard of any business is the profit and loss statement and balance sheet, and this book will provide the equivalent of night vision- numbers vision- to improve that score dramatically. Unless you truly understand the numbers that matter it is the metaphorical equivalent of trying to drive a Maserati at 100 kph at night with the lights off and looking in the rear-vision mirror. So sit back and relax we are about to put the high beam on and have you safely looking forward into your heads up display.
Table of contents
- Half-title Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1 Return on Capital Employed: The Ultimate Measure of Any Business
- Chapter 2 The Profit and Loss Statement: Why It Is Too Little Too Late
- Chapter 3 The Balance Sheet: Can Leave You Feeling Unbalanced
- Chapter 4 Sustainable Cash Flow: What to Measure So You Don’t Grow Yourself Bankrupt
- Chapter 5 The Five Ways to Grow Revenue: How 7 Times 5 Equals 71
- Chapter 6 Creating the Most Important Tools in Business
- Chapter 7 Why Discounting Is Never a Good Strategy?
- Chapter 8 Culture of Success: Communication Is the Key
- Chapter 9 Your People; If You Are Not Determining their Success Who Is?
- Chapter 10 Bankers: Friend or Foe? What the Banks Are Looking at and How to Get and Keep Them on Board?
- About the Author
- Title: Numbers that Matter
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781631577987
You might also like
Software Architecture Fundamentals, Second Edition
Being a successful software architect is more than just possessing technical knowledge. It’s about thinking like …
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it consists of log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, …