- Definition, meaning and important principles of informed consent
- Types, elements and barriers of informed consent
- Contents, purpose and areas requiring informed consent
- Criteria of getting informed consent in conducting research on human subjects
- Principles involved and the different forms of informed consent
- Role of a nurse in getting the informed consent
Informed consent is an important legal document that a patient has to sign before any invasive procedure is done on the patient. It is the duty of the nurse to inform the patient about the details of the procedure and the benefits and risks associated with it and then obtain the informed consent. In many hospitals, nurses ...