This chapter covers some of the essentials involved with getting an Objective-C application set up from the command line and Xcode. You will see how to code command line Mac desktop apps and iOS apps for the iPhone and iPad.
The recipes in this chapter will show you how to:
- Compile an Objective-C program from the command line
- Code a custom class with properties and methods
- Implement both instance and class methods
- Extend existing classes using a category
- Code and compile a Mac command line application
- Use Xcode to set up a Mac application
- Use Xcode to set up an iOS application
- Add user controls to applications using Delegation and Target-Action patterns
NOTE: Most of this book assumes that you are using ...