Everything you need to implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) effectively
Objectives and Key Results is the first full-fledged reference guide on Objectives and Key Results, a critical thinking framework designed to help organizations create value through focus, alignment, and better communication. Written by two leading OKRs consultants and researchers, this book provides a one-stop resource for organizations looking to quantify qualitative goals and ensure each team focuses their efforts to make measureable progress on their most important goals. You’ll learn how OKRs came to be and how leading companies use them every day to help teams and employees stretch their thinking about what’s possible, build their goal-setting muscles and achieve results that reflect their full potential. From the basic framework to a detailed dissection of best practices, this informative guide walks you through real-world implementations to help you get the most out of OKRs.
OKRs help employees work together, focus effort, and drive the organization forward. Key results are used to define what it means to achieve broad, qualitative goals, and imperatives like “do it better” are transformed into clear, measureable markers. From the framework’s inception in the 1980s to its popularity in today’s hyper-competitive environment, OKRs make work more engaging and feature frequent feedback cycles that enable workers to see the progress they make at work each and every day. This book shows you everything you need to know to implement OKRs effectively.
- Understand the basics of OKRs and their day-to-day use
- Learn how to gain the executive support critical to a successful implementation
- Maintain an effective program with key assessment tips
- Tailor the OKRs framework to your organization’s needs
Objectives and Key Results is your key resource for designing, planning, implementing, and maintaining your OKRs program for sustainable company-wide success.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Introduction to OKRs
- Chapter 2: Preparing for Your OKRs Journey
Chapter 3: Creating Effective OKRs
- Creating Powerful Objectives
- Tips for Creating Objectives
- Objective Descriptions
- Characteristics of Effective Key Results
- Tips for Creating Key Results
- Types of Key Results
- Scoring OKRs
- How Often Do We Set OKRs?
- How Many Okrs Do We Have?
- Do OKRs Stay the Same from Quarter to Quarter?
- Can OKRs Change during the Quarter?
- The Process to Set OKRs
- Chapter 4: Connecting OKRs to Drive Alignment
- Chapter 5: Managing with OKRs
- Chapter 6: Making OKRs Sustainable
- Chapter 7: Case Studies in OKRs Use
- About the Authors
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Objectives and Key Results
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119252399
You might also like
Value Stream Mapping: How to Visualize Work and Align Leadership for Organizational Transformation
The first of its kind—a Value Stream Mapping book written for those in service and office …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Technology Strategy Patterns
Technologists who want their ideas heard, understood, and funded are often told to speak the language …