In this chapter you will learn to
• 051.1.1 List the Capabilities of SQL SELECT Statements
• 051.1.2 Execute a Basic SELECT Statement
• 051.2.1 Limit the Rows Retrieved by a Query
• 051.2.2 Sort the Rows Retrieved by a Query
• 051.2.3 Use Ampersand Substitution
This chapter contains several sections that are not directly tested by the exam but are considered prerequisite knowledge for every student. Two tools used extensively for exercises are SQL*Plus and SQL Developer, which are covered in Chapter 2. Oracle specialists use these every day in their work. The exercises and many of the examples are based on two demonstration sets of data. The first, known as the HR schema, ...