In this chapter you will learn to
• 053.11.1 Restore Dropped Tables from the Recycle Bin
• 053.11.2 Perform Flashback Query
• 053.11.3 Use Flashback Transaction
• 053.12.1 Perform Flashback Table Operations
• 053.12.2 Configure and Monitor Flashback Database and Perform Flashback Database Operations
• 053.12.3 Set Up and Use a Flashback Data Archive
A long time ago (in a galaxy far away . . . also known as Oracle 5) every version of every data block could be logged to a Before Image file. This provided the rollback function, which was handled at the block level rather than the transaction level. It did provide the capability to “roll back” the entire database but the performance overhead was generally unacceptable, ...