The AWR and the Alert System
• 062.10.1 Manage the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR)
• 062.10.2 Use the Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM)
• 062.10.3 Describe and Use the Advisory Framework
• 062.10.4 Set Alert Thresholds
• 062.10.5 Use Automated Tasks
A 12c database is largely self-managing. Maintenance tasks run automatically (unless disabled), and diagnostic information is gathered at regular intervals. With earlier releases, monitoring the database to pick up developing problems before they become critical took much time. Identifying and diagnosing performance issues was not only time ...