Chapter 2. Managing Odoo Server Instances
In this chapter, we will learn about:
- Configuring the addons path
- Updating the addon modules list
- Standardizing your instance directory layout
- Installing and upgrading local addon modules
- Installing addon modules from GitHub
- Applying changes to addons
- Applying and trying proposed pull requests
In Chapter 1, Installing the Odoo Development Environment, we have seen how to set up an Odoo instance using only the standard "core" addons, which are shipped by the editor. This chapter focuses on adding noncore addons to an Odoo instance, be it your own addons, or third-party addons such as the ones maintained by the Odoo Community Association (OCA).
About the terminology – addon versus module
In this ...