Chapter 11. Internationalization
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Installing a language and configure user preferences
- Configuring language-related settings
- Translating texts through the web client user interface
- Exporting translation strings to a file
- Using gettext tools to ease translations
- Importing translation files into Odoo
Many of these actions can be done either from the web client user interface or from the command line. Whenever possible, we will show how to use either option.
Installing a language and configure user preferences
Odoo is localization ready, meaning that it supports several languages and locale settings, such as date and number formats.
When first installed, only the default English language is available. To ...