Customizing the Ribbon
To put commands where you need them, you can customize the Ribbon in several ways:
- Create new tabs. You can create new Ribbon tabs as needed.
- Create new groups. You can create new groups either on the existing tabs or on new tabs you create.
- Rearrange existing tabs. You can rearrange the existing tabs into an order that suits you better.
- Rearrange existing groups. You can rearrange the existing groups within the tabs.
- Add controls to new groups. When you create a custom group, you can add individual controls to it. You can't add individual controls to an existing group.
TIP: The Ribbon's customization possibilities can be confusing—so here's a quick example. You probably use a number of commands from various tabs, but ...