Entering Text in Your Word Documents
Most Word documents you create will need text—usually plenty of it. To create the documents quickly, you'll want to enter text as quickly and efficiently as possible.
You can enter text using the techniques explained in Chapter 3: “Working with Text.” They are:
- Type the text.
- Paste the text in from another source.
- Scan a hard-copy document and use optical character recognition (OCR) to get the text from it.
- Use voice recognition to transcribe what you dictate.
- Use AutoCorrect to turn short entries into longer replacement text.
You can also use three Word-only features to enter text quickly:
- Insert a file. You can insert a whole file or document in another document.
- Use AutoText. AutoText is a tool for inserting ...