Managing Email with Outlook
IN THIS CHAPTER
Configuring email account settings
Adding file attachments
Microsoft Outlook is the personal organizer portion of Office 2016 for tracking appointments, storing names and addresses of important people, and keeping a list of to-do tasks. However, the most popular uses for Outlook are reading, writing, and organizing your email.
Configuring Email Settings
The first time you run Outlook, you need to configure your email account information. To retrieve email from your account within Outlook, you may need to know the following:
- Your name
- The username of your email account, which may be JSmith (for Joe Smith)
- Your email address (such as
- Your email account password
- Your email account type (such as POP3 or IMAP)
- Your incoming mail server name (such as
- Your outgoing mail server name (such as
Adding an email account
Before you can use Outlook to manage your email, you must add your email account. The first time you run Outlook, the program will try to set up an email account to use.
If you want to add a new ...
Get Office 2016 For Dummies now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.