1 Hour of Video Instruction
Easy video tutorials help you make the most of the Microsoft's free Office Online: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, People, Calendar, OneDrive, and more!
Office Online gives you web versions of Microsoft's best productivity apps: all you need is a free Microsoft account. Now, in just one hour, these easy video tutorials will help you master Microsoft's entire Office Online app collection. Office Online: Let's Get Busyshows how to create and share content with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps... stay in touch via Outlook.com... organize contacts and time with People and Calendar... store your content in the cloud... use Microsoft's apps together to collaborate, communicate instantly, and manage your whole life! Top Office expert Katherine Murray walks you through practically everything you'll ever want to do with Office Online (and even tells you what the free version can't do, so you won't waste time looking). Now, great Office tools are free wherever there's a web connection. Make the most of them—with Office Online: Let's Get Busy!
About the Instructor
Katherine Murrayhas been writing about technology for 25 years, and specializes in Microsoft products, especially Windows and Office, including Office 365 since its earliest betas. She has written extensively about web products, and wrote a tutorial on SkyDrive (OneDrive's predecessor product) for Microsoft. Her recent books include My Windows 8.1, Microsoft Office Professional 2013 Plain and Simple, and Microsoft Word 2010 Inside Out.
- All Levels
What You Will Learn
- How to get started fast with Office Online, explore its tools, and switch among apps
- What you can (and can't) do with the free Office apps
- How to perform essential tasks with the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps
- How to create and share collaborative notebooks in OneNote
- How to stay in touch with Outlook.com's email and messaging tools
- How to manage your contacts and organize your time within Office Online
- How to use the Office Apps together to do even more
- How to store your files in the cloud with OneDrive
Who Should Take This Course
- Everyone who wants to make the most of Microsoft's free Office Online productivity tools, which are now available to everyone with a free Microsoft Account.
- No experience required (basic familiarity with Windows and web browsers helpful)
Table of Contents
Lesson 1: What Can You Do with Office Online?
This first video lesson introduces you to Office Online and shows you how to get started using the online apps in your web browser.
Lesson 2: Beginning with Office.com and the Office Hub
Lesson 2 shows you how to log in to Office Online using your Microsoft Account. Or, if you don't have a Microsoft Account yet, you'll learn how to create one. Finally, you'll find out about switching among apps using the Office Hub.
Lesson 3: Getting Started with Word Online
Lesson 3 introduces you to the Word Online app. You’ll learn about Word’s basic features in Office Online, add content and format it, and share your document with others.
Lesson 4: Essential Tasks in Excel Online
Lesson 4 shows you how to create a new worksheet in Excel Online. You'll learn about the basic features and see how to add data, format it, do some quick analysis, and even create a chart in the online app.
Lesson 5: Preparing Presentations in PowerPoint Online
Lesson 5 introduces you to the tools available in PowerPoint Online. You'll learn how to start a presentation, add content, and apply transitions and animations to your slides.
Lesson 6: Creating Collaborative Notebooks with OneNote Online
Lesson 6 shows you how to create a new OneNote notebook in OneNote Online, add notes to your pages, and organize your notes in sections. You'll also find out how to share your notebook so you can collaborate easily with others.
Lesson 7: Staying in Touch with Outlook.com
Lesson 7 introduces you to Outlook.com and teaches you to send and receive email using the online email app.
Lesson 8: Managing Contacts with the People App
Lesson 8 shows you how to add, manage, and keep track of your contacts with the People app in Office Online. You'll also learn how to import contact from existing contact lists and incorporate contacts from your social media accounts.
Lesson 9: Organizing Your Day with the Calendar App
Lesson 9 shows you how to use the Calendar app to add, update, and organize appointments and events in your online calendar.
Lesson 10: Storing Files in the Cloud with OneDrive
Lesson 10 shows you how to use OneDrive, an online cloud storage app that is part of Office Online, to retrieve, organize, and share the files you create.
About Que Video
Que Video helps you learn technology efficiently with easy-to-follow video tutorials covering popular software apps, online games, and more. Each Que videos are professionally produced and feature the highest quality step-by-step instruction designed by trusted authors and trainers from Que Publishing, an imprint of Pearson - the world's leading learning company. View Que Videos at: http://www.quepublishing.com/quevideo.
Table of contents
- Office Online! Let's Get Busy: Introduction 00:00:56
- What Can You Do with Office Online? 00:09:34
- Beginning with Office.com and the Office Hub 00:07:38
- Getting Started with Word Online 00:11:48
- Essential Tasks in Excel Online 00:13:30
- Preparing Presentations in PowerPoint Online 00:14:53
- Creating Collaborative Notebooks with OneNote Online 00:09:21
- Staying in Touch with Outlook.com 00:18:45
- Managing Contacts with the People App 00:09:31
- Organizing Your Day with the Calendar App 00:10:51
- Storing Files in the Cloud with OneDrive 00:14:33
- Title: Office Online! Let's Get Busy
- Release date: October 2014
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 0133963411
You might also like
Work Without Stress: Building a Resilient Mindset for Lasting Success (Audio Book)
A critical professional and leadership skill, resilience can be learned and developed. Based on 30 years …
Getting Started With Microsoft Office 2013
In this training course for the new Microsoft Office 2013, Guy Vaccaro introduces you to some …
Using Office 365: Mastering Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and OneNote
6+ Hours of Video Instruction Using Office 365: Mastering Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and …
Influence through listening
Most workplace conversations are simple exchanges of information, and little else. Being truly listened to, though, …