An essential guide to OHSAS 18001
We say 'take care' as we wave our loved ones goodbye in the morning, but how often is this message taken into the workplace?
In this easy-to-understand and timely pocket guide, Naeem Sadiq, examines the Understanda as it gears up to meet OHSAS 18001 standards of occupational health and safety.
Using a wide variety of fictional 'real world' scenarios, Sadiq demonstrates the hazards that might be present in a workplace, how to assess risk, how to manage OHSAS 18001 implementation and how to communicate its implementation through all levels of management.
Sadiq takes the complex, and often impenetrable, concepts that surround health and safety and presents them with absolute precision and clarity.
A sound understanding of OHSAS 18001
OHSAS 18001: Step by Step is more than a primer. Besides giving the reader a sound understanding of OHSAS 18001, the pocket guide can be used as a step-by-step instructional manual for anyone tasked with implementing operational health and safety standards in the workplace.
This pocket guide gives its readers:
Buy this pocket guide and protect your workforce with OHSAS 18001!"
Table of Contents
- About the author
- Chapter 1: What is OHSAS 18001?
- Chapter 2: OH&S Management System General Requirements (Clause 4.1)
- Chapter 3: Occupational Health and Safety Policy (Clause 4.2)
- Chapter 4: Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Determination of Controls (Clause 4.3.1)
- Chapter 5: Legal and Other Requirements (Clause 4.3.2)
- Chapter 6: Objectives and Programme(s) (Clause 4.3.3)
- Chapter 7: Resources, Roles, Responsibility, Accountability and Authority (Clause 4.4.1)
- Chapter 8: Competence, Training and Awareness (Clause 4.4.2)
- Chapter 9: Communication, Participation and Consultation (Clause 4.4.3)
- Chapter 10: Documentation and Control of Documents (Clause 4.4.4 and 4.4.5)
- Chapter 11: Operational Controls (Clause 4.4.6)
- Chapter 12: Emergency Preparedness and Response (Clause 4.4.7)
- Chapter 13: Performance Measurement, Monitoring and Evaluation of Compliance (Clause 4.5.1 and 4.5.2)
- Chapter 14: Incident Investigation, Non-Conformity, Corrective and Preventive Action (Clause 4.5.3)
- Chapter 15: Control of Records (Clause 4.5.4)
- Chapter 16: Internal Audit (Clause 4.5.5)
- Chapter 17: Management Review (Clause 4.6)
- Appendix A: Sample Procedure for OH&S Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Determination of Controls
- Appendix B: OH&S Hazard and Risk Register
- Appendix C: Types of OH&S Hazards
- Appendix D: Sample Procedure for Training Competence and Awareness
- Appendix E: Documents Required by OHSAS 18001
- Appendix F: Sample Procedure for Critical Pressure Equipment (CPE)
- Appendix G: Sample Procedure for ‘Permit to Work’
- Appendix H: Sample Procedure for Fork-lift Trucks
- Appendix I: Sample Format for a Non-Conformity Report (NCR)
- Appendix J: Sample Format for OH&S Record Control
- Appendix K: Sample Input Report for OH&S Management System Review
- Bibliographic Notes
- ITG Resources
- Title: OHSAS 18001 Step by Step: A Practical Guide
- Release date: April 2012
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849283649