A guide to getting new employees recruited, oriented, and productive—FAST
"Onboarding," a growing trend in the business community, is a focused methodology that gets people in new roles up to speed quickly and efficiently. This book guides you through a process that enables you to recruit, orient, and enable your new employees to get the job done. Learn how to inspire and encourage your new employees to deliver better results faster.
George Bradt and Mary Vonnegut's Onboarding helps ensure that your new employees are productive and efficient from day one. You'll learn how to help them assimilate into your corporate culture and accelerate their learning.
Onboarding is one of the hottest trends in business
This is the first book about onboarding
George Bradt is a leading speaker and consultant, and the author of The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan
For business leaders and managers who want well-trained, responsive, efficient, and effective employees, Onboarding helps you get the best from your new employees.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
PART I - PREPARE FOR YOUR NEW EMPLOYEE’S SUCCESS BEFORE YOU START RECRUITING
- CHAPTER 1 - Understand the Organization-Wide Benefits of a Total Onboarding ...
- CHAPTER 2 - Clarify Your Destination and Messages to the Candidate and the Organization
- CHAPTER 3 - Craft Your Time Line, Write a Recruiting Brief, and Align Your Stakeholders
PART II - RECRUIT IN A WAY THAT REINFORCES YOUR MESSAGES
- CHAPTER 4 - Create a Powerful Slate of Potential Candidates
- CHAPTER 5 - Evaluate Candidates Against the Recruiting Brief While Pre-Selling ...
- CHAPTER 6 - Make the Right Offer, and Close the Right Sale the Right Way
PART III - GIVE YOUR NEW EMPLOYEE A BIG HEAD START BEFORE DAY ONE
- CHAPTER 7 - Co-Create a Personal Onboarding Plan with Your New Employee
- CHAPTER 8 - Manage the Announcement to Set Your New Employee Up for Success
CHAPTER 9 - Do What It Takes to Make Your New Employee Ready, Eager, and Able ...
- Clarify Accommodation Needs and Expectations
- Post Information in an Easily Accessible Place
- Share Your Onboarding Plan
- Prepare an Appropriate Work Area
- Complete Administrative and Technical Setup Before Day One
- Get an Assistant Settled and in Place
- Line Up a Mentor, Coach, or Transition Accelerator
- Push New Employees to Complete Personal Setup Before Day One
- Summary and Indicated Actions
PART IV - ENABLE AND INSPIRE YOUR NEW EMPLOYEE TO DELIVER BETTER RESULTS FASTER
- CHAPTER 10 - Make Positive First Impressions Both Ways
CHAPTER 11 - Speed Development of Important Working Relationships
- Assimilation Is About Adjusting to the Culture
- Who You Know versus What You Know
- Who Serves Whom?
- Assimilation as a Predictor of Success
- New Employees Need Your Help, Not Just Your Encouragement
- Cherish the Differences
- Cross-Border Assimilation
- Technology Can Help
- Periodic Check-Ins
- Summary and Indicated Actions
- CHAPTER 12 - Provide Resources, Support, and Follow-Through
- APPENDIX I - Organization-Wide Transformation
- APPENDIX II - Sourcing Candidates on the Web
- ABOUT THE GUEST EXPERTS
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- Title: Onboarding: How to Get Your New Employees Up to Speed in Half the Time
- Release date: September 2009
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470524916