Understand the role of Information Security Managers
Your responsibilities as an information security manager are critical. Advising on protecting the organisation's assets, security and data systems, not to mention its reputation, are in your hands. A major security breach could spell disaster.
The buck stops with you. Can you handle it?
In Once more unto the Breach, Andrea C Simmons speaks directly to information security managers and provides an insider's view of the role, offering priceless gems from her extensive experience and knowledge.
Based on a typical year in the life of an information security manager, the book examines how the general principles can be applied to all situations and discusses the lessons learnt from a real project.
Improve your organisation's security
One of the greatest challenges faced by an information security manager is convincing colleagues of the importance of following the necessary processes and procedures. As you walk through the year with Andrea, you will make significant inroads into improving your organisation's security as you:
- think creatively in order to provide solutions to ongoing issues
- create a workable information security policy
- make friends with the right people in order to facilitate critical changes
- pinpoint weaknesses and help your colleagues to see them through your eyes
- improve physical security by helping others to take personal responsibility
- learn strategies for the effective communication of key security messages in order to maximise use of the measures in place
- appreciate how all this helps you to address the human factors and reduce your cyber risks – which are ultimately security risks
- discover why it's essential to have a camera on you at all times!
The perfect reference guide for Information Security Managers
As well as a practical learning tool, Once more unto the Breach is an invaluable ongoing reference guide, containing lots of practical advice to ensure that the routine tasks aren't overlooked. With many clear and comprehensive lists, this is a book that will never be out of the reach of every effective information security manager.
The book that no information security manager can afford to be without!
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: August: Pulling a team together
- Chapter 2: September: Street trash
- Chapter 3: October: Compliance may be only skin deep
- Chapter 4: November: How remote is remote?
- Chapter 5: December: Oh, for the sake of yet another proposal
- Chapter 6: January: A battle won
- Chapter 7: February: Money doesn’t buy happiness
- Chapter 8: March: Slipping through the net
- Chapter 9: April: Linking InfoSec with InfoGov
- Chapter 10: May: Politics and management
- Chapter 11: June: What the auditors shouldn’t know
- Chapter 12: July: Journey’s end … and conclusion
- Appendix 1: Security Awareness Themes
- Appendix 2: ISM Activities
- Appendix 3: Resources
- ITG Resources
- Title: Once More unto the Breach
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849283908
You might also like
Open Leadership: How Social Technology Can Transform The Way You Lead
An essential guide for leaders who want to use social media to be "open" while maintaining …
Critical Infrastructure Protection in Homeland Security: Defending a Networked Nation, 2nd Edition
"...excellent for use as a text in information assurance or cyber-security courses...I strongly advocate that professors...examine …
End-to-End Network Security: Defense-in-Depth
End-to-End Network Security Defense-in-Depth Best practices for assessing and improving network defenses and responding to security …
Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Handbook
The book discusses instrumentation and control in modern fossil fuel power plants, with an emphasis on …