A robust, authentic model for creating and clearly articulating a personal leadership philosophy
Based on leadership expert Mike Figliuolo's popular "Leadership Maxims" training course, One Piece of Paper teaches decisive, effective leadership by taking a holistic approach to defining one's personal leadership philosophy. Through a series of simple questions, readers will create a living document that communicates their values, passions, goals and standards to others, maximizing their leadership potential.
Outlines a clear approach for identifying a concise and meaningful set of personal leadership maxims by which leaders can live their lives
Explains and applies four basic aspects of leadership: leading yourself, leading the thinking, leading your people, and leading a balanced life
Generates a foundational document that serves as a touchstone for leaders and their teams
Simple, applicable, and without pretense, One Piece of Paper provides a model for real leadership in the real world.
Table of contents
- More Praise for One Piece of Paper
- Title page
- Copyright page
- PART 1: THE LEADERSHIP MAXIMS APPROACH
PART 2: LEADING YOURSELF
- CHAPTER 3 LEARNING TO LEAD YOURSELF
- CHAPTER 4 WHY DO YOU GET OUT OF BED EVERY DAY?
- CHAPTER 5 HOW WILL YOU SHAPE YOUR FUTURE?
- CHAPTER 6 WHAT GUIDELINES DO YOU LIVE BY?
- CHAPTER 7 WHEN YOU FALL DOWN, HOW DO YOU PICK YOURSELF BACK UP?
- CHAPTER 8 HOW DO YOU HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE?
PART 3: LEADING THE THINKING
- CHAPTER 9 BECOMING A THOUGHT LEADER
- CHAPTER 10 WHAT STANDARDS DO YOU HOLD YOUR TEAM TO?
- CHAPTER 11 WHERE ARE YOU TAKING YOUR PEOPLE?
- CHAPTER 12 HOW WILL YOU FORESEE THE FUTURE?
- CHAPTER 13 AFTER ALL THAT THINKING, HOW WILL YOU DRIVE ACTION?
PART 4: LEADING YOUR PEOPLE
- CHAPTER 14 WHAT IT MEANS TO LEAD YOUR PEOPLE
- CHAPTER 15 WHAT IS YOUR NATURAL STYLE?
- CHAPTER 16 HOW WILL YOU REMEMBER TO TREAT YOUR TEAM MEMBERS AS INDIVIDUALS?
- CHAPTER 17 HOW WILL YOU STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR TEAM’S REALITY?
- CHAPTER 18 HOW WILL YOU COMMIT TO YOUR PEOPLE’S GROWTH?
PART 5: LEADING A BALANCED LIFE
- CHAPTER 19 DEFINING BALANCE
- CHAPTER 20 HOW WILL YOU DEFINE YOUR BOUNDARIES?
- CHAPTER 21 HOW WILL YOU KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE?
- CHAPTER 22 WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- PART 6: MAKING IT REAL
- APPENDIX A: THE AUTHOR’S MAXIMS
- APPENDIX B: YOUR MAXIMS
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: One Piece of Paper: The Simple Approach to Powerful, Personal Leadership
- Release date: October 2011
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118049594
You might also like
Bulletproof Problem Solving
Complex problem solving is the core skill for 21st Century Teams Complex problem solving is at …
The EQ Leader
A roadmap to success for tomorrow's leaders The EQ Leader provides an evidence-based model for exceptional …
Leading with Strategic Thinking: Four Ways Effective Leaders Gain Insight, Drive Change, and Get Results
Be a more effective leader with strategic thinking Leading with Strategic Thinking reveals what effective leaders …
Executive Toughness: The Mental-Training Program to Increase Your Leadership Performance
Take your professional game to the next level—in 100 seconds o r less! People with inborn …