The corporate start-up incubator is currently developing in large companies as an essential approach to open innovation. It faces a global system involving varied contexts, issues and actors. Its implementation is an art and to succeed the corporate incubator must become a real "interaction architect".
Using testimonials and real case studies, the author takes a dive into the structural and social mysteries of corporate incubators. By analyzing the complex mechanisms of interactions, this book decrypts and reveals the keys to the success of these devices and to opening innovation in a broad sense.
The concept of an “interaction architect” is related to the art of building fruitful interactions within human systems. Being aware that social systems exist is good, but knowing how to manage them is better.
Table of contents
- 1 Innovation: a Story Without an End
- 2 Incubators and Other Accelerators: the Joys of Diversity?
- 3 The Architects of Interactions: the Four Strategic Access Points
- 4 Topography: the Characteristics of a Structure
- 5 Adaptation in situ: Levers for Manipulation
- 6 When Practice Becomes the Model to Follow: the Adoption of CI
- 7 CI Example A: the “Boss’s Thing”
- 8 CI Example B: Money doesn’t make you happy
- 9 CI Example C: Reducing the Wide Gap
- 10 CI Example D: “Two-pillar” Centralism
- 11 CI Example E: the Art of Pivot
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Open Innovation
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley-ISTE
- ISBN: 9781786303240
You might also like
Managing Innovation, 6th Edition
Managing Innovation is the bestselling text for graduate and undergraduate students and a classic in the …
Making Innovation Work: How to Manage It, Measure It, and Profit from It, Updated Edition
Profitable innovation doesn’t just happen. It must be managed, measured, and properly executed, and few companies …
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
IoT and Edge Computing for Architects - Second Edition
Learn to design, implement, and secure your IoT infrastructure. Revised and expanded for edge computing. Key …