Chapter 9. Object Recognition
In this chapter, we are going to learn about object recognition and how we can use it to build a visual search engine. We will discuss feature detection, building feature vectors, and using machine learning to build a classifier. We will learn how to use these different blocks to build an object recognition system.
By the end of this chapter, you will know:
- What is the difference between object detection and object recognition
- What is a dense feature detector
- What is a visual dictionary
- How to build a feature vector
- What is supervised and unsupervised learning
- What are Support Vector Machines and how to use them to build a classifier
- How to recognize an object in an unknown image
Object detection versus object recognition ...