Master the OpenGL and GLSL shading language - by writing code! Illustrated theory and practice (from basics to advanced)
About This Video
- Learn OpenGL and GLSL
- Learn and make fun, procedural computer graphics.
This course is designed to give you an easy and visual introduction to the amazing world of computer graphics (using OpenGL, GLSL, and C ++). In fact, the course is very easy to master because it is practical, visual, and well illustrated, to help you develop your visual intuition when it comes to 3D programming models (I developed some beautiful illustrations and visualizations—just to show you how things work under the hood). This course will help you build the proper mental models of the underlying concepts and processes of OpenGL and 3D math (because they're tricky).
There are live coding sessions and you have full access to the source code for each lesson.
The course covers all the important topics of modern OpenGL, such as:
- Geometry, and buffers, VBOs, and VAOs
- Transformations and matrix stacks
- Shaders and GLSL,
- Some procedural art (and GLSL shader-generated images)
- Texturing and lighting
All the code files are placed at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/OpenGL-and-GLSL-Fundamentals-with-C-a-practical-course-
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : OpenGL basics
- Chapter 2 : Rendering and geometry
Chapter 3 : Shaders and GLSL
- Intro to shaders 00:05:02
- The rendering pipeline and shaders 00:06:32
- GLSL, shaders attributes and geometry VBOs 00:14:44
- Multiple VBOs and geometry, winding directions, etc 00:11:14
- Vertex array objects (VAOs) and RAM buffers 00:01:37
- Procedural graphics inside the shaders 00:12:43
- Bonus: homogenous coordinates 00:05:59
- Chapter 4 : Textures
- Chapter 5 : 3D rendering
- Title: OpenGL and GLSL Fundamentals with C++ (practical course)
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838647889