After reading this chapter, you’ll be able to do the following:
• Understand what texture mapping can add to your scene.
• Supply texture images in compressed and uncompressed formats.
• Control how a texture image is filtered as it is applied to a fragment.
• Create and manage texture images in texture objects.
• Supply texture coordinates describing what part of the texture image should be mapped onto objects in your scene.
• Perform complex texture operations using multiple textures in a single shader.
• Specify textures to be used for processing point sprites.
• Create and use framebuffer objects to draw directly into textures.
The goal of computer graphics, generally speaking, is to ...