• Use Cocoa and Interface Builder to make an OpenGL view
• Create an optimized full-screen OpenGL window
• Eliminate onscreen visual tearing
• Optimize fill performance
• Enable the multicore version of OpenGL
OpenGL is the native and preferred 3D rendering API on the Mac OS X platform. In fact, OpenGL is used at the lowest levels of the operating system for the desktop, GUI, and Mac OS X’s own 2D graphics APIs and compositing engine (Quartz). The importance of OpenGL on the Mac platform cannot be overstated. With its favored status in the eyes of Apple (somewhat analogous to Direct3D’s status with Microsoft), it enjoys significant support and investment by ...