WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS CHAPTER:
• A brief overview of the history of computer graphics
• How we make 3D graphics on a 2D screen
• About the basic 3D effects and terminology
• How a 3D coordinate system and the viewport works
• What vertices are, and how we use them
• About the different kinds of 3D projections
This book is about OpenGL, a programming interface for creating real-time 3D graphics. Before we begin talking about what OpenGL is and how it works, you should have at least a high-level understanding of real-time 3D graphics in general. Perhaps you picked up this book because you want to learn to use OpenGL, but you already have a good grasp of real-time 3D ...