Build a solid foundation in OpenShift and container orchestration with this practical course
About This Video
- Gain a solid understanding of OpenShift fundamentals
- Develop OpenShift configuration files for different use cases right in your browser
- Validate your commands and configuration files with the help of coding exercises
With OpenShift skills, you will have knowledge of a powerful PaaS offering at your fingertips, and you will be able to move ahead in the career of DevOps and cloud computing easily. This course will take you through the fundamental concepts of OpenShift in a practical way.
The course starts with an introduction to OpenShift and then gives you an overview of Docker and Kubernetes. Next, you will explore the architecture of OpenShift and learn how to set up OpenShift with Minishift. Moving along, you will understand projects, users, builds, build triggers, image streams, and develop the skills to deploy an OpenShift application. Next, you will become familiar with the concepts of network, services, routes, and grasp techniques to auto-scale an OpenShift application. Toward the end, you will get to grips with storage, templates, and catalog options available in OpenShift.
By the end of this course, you will have gained the OpenShift skills needed to build, manage, and deploy a simple OpenShift cluster application.
Who this book is for
This course is designed for beginners, system administrators, developers, project managers, cloud administrators, and anyone who wants to get started with OpenShift to develop and deploy applications on cloud infrastructure. A basic understanding of system administration and web development skills are needed to get started with this course.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Welcome to the Course
- Chapter 2 : Pre-Requisite - Docker and Kubernetes
- Chapter 3 : Getting Started with OpenShift
- Chapter 4 : OpenShift Concepts - Projects and Users
- Chapter 5 : Concepts - Builds and Deployments
- Chapter 6 : Networks, Services, Routes, and Scaling
- Chapter 7 : Storage, Templates, and Catalog
- Chapter 8 : Conclusion and APPENDIX
- Title: OpenShift for the Absolute Beginner - Hands-On
- Release date: December 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838559090
You might also like
Kubernetes for Absolute Beginners - Hands-on
Learn Kubernetes in simple, easy and fun way with hands-on coding exercises. For beginners in DevOps. …
Docker for the Absolute Beginner - Hands-On
Learn Docker with Hands-On Coding Exercises About This Video The course introduces Docker and its key …
Kubernetes Course from a DevOps guru (Kubernetes + Docker)
Kubernetes from the ground up; deploy and scale performant and reliable containerized applications with Kubernetes About …
Docker, Dockerfile, and Docker-Compose (2020 Ready!)
Get to grips with Docker, containers versus images, and more by learning through a hands-on approach …