Build a solid foundation in OpenShift and container orchestration with this practical course
About This Video
- Gain a solid understanding of OpenShift fundamentals
- Develop OpenShift configuration files for different use cases right in your browser
- Validate your commands and configuration files with the help of coding exercises
With OpenShift skills, you will have knowledge of a powerful PaaS offering at your fingertips, and you will be able to move ahead in the career of DevOps and cloud computing easily. This course will take you through the fundamental concepts of OpenShift in a practical way.
The course starts with an introduction to OpenShift and then gives you an overview of Docker and Kubernetes. Next, you will explore the architecture of OpenShift and learn how to set up OpenShift with Minishift. Moving along, you will understand projects, users, builds, build triggers, image streams, and develop the skills to deploy an OpenShift application. Next, you will become familiar with the concepts of network, services, routes, and grasp techniques to auto-scale an OpenShift application. Toward the end, you will get to grips with storage, templates, and catalog options available in OpenShift.
By the end of this course, you will have gained the OpenShift skills needed to build, manage, and deploy a simple OpenShift cluster application.
Who this book is for
This course is designed for beginners, system administrators, developers, project managers, cloud administrators, and anyone who wants to get started with OpenShift to develop and deploy applications on cloud infrastructure. A basic understanding of system administration and web development skills are needed to get started with this course.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Welcome to the Course
- Chapter 2 : Pre-Requisite - Docker and Kubernetes
- Chapter 3 : Getting Started with OpenShift
- Chapter 4 : OpenShift Concepts - Projects and Users
- Chapter 5 : Concepts - Builds and Deployments
- Chapter 6 : Networks, Services, Routes, and Scaling
- Chapter 7 : Storage, Templates, and Catalog
- Chapter 8 : Conclusion and APPENDIX
- Title: OpenShift for the Absolute Beginner - Hands-On
- Release date: December 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838559090
You might also like
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. While there are plenty of …
Terraform: Up and Running, 3rd Edition
Terraform has become a key player in the DevOps world for defining, launching, and managing infrastructure …
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Study Guide
Exclusively on O'Reilly: Get more hands-on training and test your CKA exam readiness by working through …
Linux Administration Cookbook
Over 100 recipes to get up and running with the modern Linux administration ecosystem Key Features …