A best practices guide to all of the elements of an effective operational risk framework
While many organizations know how important operational risks are, they still continue to struggle with the best ways to identify and manage them. Organizations of all sizes and in all industries need best practices for identifying and managing key operational risks, if they intend on exceling in today's dynamic environment.
Operational Risk Management fills this need by providing both the new and experienced operational risk professional with all of the tools and best practices needed to implement a successful operational risk framework. It also provides real-life examples of successful methods and tools you can use while facing the cultural challenges that are prevalent in this field.
Contains informative post-mortems on some of the most notorious operational risk events of our time
Explores the future of operational risk in the current regulatory environment
Written by a recognized global expert on operational risk
An effective operational risk framework is essential for today's organizations. This book will put you in a better position to develop one and use it to identify, assess, control, and mitigate any potential risks of this nature.
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Definition and Drivers of Operational Risk
- Chapter 2: The Regulatory Push
- Chapter 3: The Operational Risk Framework
- Chapter 4: Operational Risk Governance
- Chapter 5: Culture and Awareness
- Chapter 6: Policies and Procedures
Chapter 7: Internal Loss Data
- OPERATIONAL RISK EVENT DATA
- INTERNAL LOSS DATA OR INTERNAL OPERATIONAL RISK EVENTS
- RISK EVENT CATEGORIES
- USING THE BASEL RISK CATEGORIES
- MINIMUM LOSS DATA STANDARDS
- WHERE SHOULD OPERATIONAL RISK EVENT DATA BE COLLECTED?
- WHEN SHOULD OPERATIONAL RISK EVENT DATA BE COLLECTED?
- HOW SHOULD OPERATIONAL RISK EVENT DATA BE COLLECTED?
- KEY POINTS
- REVIEW QUESTIONS
- Chapter 8: External Loss Data
- Chapter 9: Business Environment Internal Control Factors: Key Risk Indicators
- Chapter 10: Risk and Control Self-Assessments
- Chapter 11: Scenario Analysis
- Chapter 12: Capital Modeling
- Chapter 13: Reporting
- Chapter 14: Risk Appetite
- Chapter 15: Reputational Risk and Operational Risk
- Chapter 16: Operational Risk and Convergence
- Chapter 17: Best Practices in Related Risk Management Activities
- Chapter 18: Case Studies
- Appendix: Answers to Review Questions
- About the Author
- About the Website
- Title: Operational Risk Management: A Complete Guide to a Successful Operational Risk Framework
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118532454
You might also like
Managing Risks in Commercial and Retail Banking
A practical guide to the practices and procedures of effectively managing banking risks Managing Risks in …
How to Measure Anything in Cybersecurity Risk
A ground shaking exposé on the failure of popular cyber risk management methods How to Measure …
Operational Risk: A Guide to Basel II Capital Requirements, Models, and Analysis
While operational risk has long been regarded as a mere part of "other" risks--outside the realm …
Implementing Enterprise Risk Management
A practical, real-world guide for implementing enterprise risk management (ERM) programs into your organization Enterprise risk …